Dear Website Visitor
Thank you for visiting our website we at Traveller Fm are a internet radio station based in Southside Dublin Ireland our aim is to promote rights and music we started in May 2013 our current station manager is Andrew Mccann please who is a professional radio presenter since 1993 Traveller Fm does not get any support from local government
Who are Irish Travellers ?
Irish Travellers (Irish: an lucht siúil) or Pavee, also called Tinkers or Gypsies (but not to be confused with the Romani people), are a traditionally itinerant ethnic group of Irish origin, who maintain a set of traditions. Although predominantly English speaking, some also use Shelta and other similar cants. They live mostly in Ireland as well as having large numbers in the United Kingdom and in the United States. Around 10,000 people in the United States are descendants of Travellers who left Ireland, mostly during the period between 1845 and 1860 during the Great Famine. About 2,500 of them live in Murphy Village, a community outside North Augusta, South Carolina.
List of Travellers' organisations
The following are some of the Travellers' representative organisations formed since the 1960s:
- Irish Traveller Community (1960s)
- Itinerant Settlement Committee (1960s–1980s)
- Travellers' Rights Committee (1981–83)
- Minceir Misli (1983–85) founded by Micheal Mccann our station managers dad
- Travellers' Education and Development Group (founded in 1984)
- Irish Travellers' Movement (founded in 1990)